Friday, November 05, 2004

And so it begins...

Well, welcome to my new blog. It's titled a Fistfull of Hugh's simply because it was the only thing I could think of at the time. No special meaning, other then that my online nickname is "godhugh" and I wanted to incorporate it somehow.

My goal for this blog is two-fold:

One, I just want a place where I can post random thoughts and stories. I've always felt it was important to get whatever you're thinking out and a blog is as good a place as any.

Second, with the recent presidential election I've found myself to be more motivated to involve myself in the political process. I currently live in Texas, one of the very red states, and I've noticed a lack of Democratic perspectives here (outside of Austin at least). I'd like to be able to share what it's like to be an out-spoken Democrat in a very Republican area and to hopefully provide some insight into why this area is so conservative.

Oh, and I'll probably spend some time talking about video games and computers.

So there ya go, that's why I'm doing this and what I hope to accomplish. I also want to add that my grammer and punctuation is not the best, but I try as hard as I can. Maybe it will improve, maybe it will get worse. Like the country, we can only hope for the best.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?